Drivers can save on their insurance costs with three main types of discounts: driver, vehicle and policy discounts.
Driver discounts are available based on a driver’s personal information including driving behaviors and lifestyle choices.
You may benefit from these discounts if you are:
- A safe driver
- A good student
- Completed a safety course
- Commute short distances
Vehicle discounts are based on the car that is being insured. Vehicles with safety equipment like anti-lock brakes, airbags and anti-left protection are likely to receive a discount. Any features that reduce the risk insurance company are taking by insuring the vehicle can be pulled up with the VIN or symbol.
Policy discounts are available based on specific policy choices.
You may benefit from these discounts if you have:
- A multi-vehicle policy
- Pay the policy in full to avoid finance charges
- Bundle at least two services
- A qualifying homeowner’s insurance policy
- Continuous insurance coverage, you must be able to prove 6 months of continuous insurance